Friday, March 16, 2012

Announcing 2012 Summer Camps

The schedule's all set for this summer's camps. I'll be holding 4 sessions of LEGO Engineering and 2 sessions of Mindstorms Robotics. Check out the home page of YBB to see the listing of schedules and locations.

Pulling together all the details can be daunting, but I like the challenge. Really the toughest part of the camps was finding a good location. This year I'm really happy with the new spots for our camps: Written World Bookstore and Springs Rhythm Studio and Event Center.

Both locations have an open floor plan, available parking, hard floors and best of all... easily accessible bathrooms! Kids have direct access to bathrooms so that I don't have to have them go in pairs anymore like I did at the Y. I feel much better about the layout of the rooms. Kids don't have to wander around to get to a restroom. Whew!

Also, I wanted to reach more people this year by finding locations in a southern and northern part of Colorado Springs. Granted, they aren't really that far apart, but anything helps. Actually Colorado Springs isn't that spread out of a place either. I had one request for the Broadmoor area too. Anyone interested in holding a camp there? If so, please let me know. I have a possible location, but can't justify doing it if there's no interest.

In case you are curious, if you took the LEGO Eng camps last summer or winter, this is the same camp. You are welcome to come back, but it will be a repeat of what you've already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment